This job is archived
WAVSYS is hiring Network Real Estate (NRE) Permitting Managers and Specialists for a National Small Cell Roll-out. We are hiring experts in Right-of Way and Permitting with a background in Telecommunications. We are looking for Permitting Managers with strong connections to their Local Jurisdictions.
Scope of Work:
The Permitting Manager will research and prepare documentation for required permits, right of ways, easements, and land use for building and executing large scale infrastructure programs and projects. Prepares permit application packages that meets the requirements of local governments and jurisdictions, governing agencies or any other relevant entities. Responsible for preparing permit applications easements or pole attachments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with permit agencies/joint pole/structure owner(s) and other 3rd parties
- Maintain relationships with municipalities and manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for installation, operation and maintenance of facilities and networks.
- Serve as subject matter expert on matters related to local municipal codes and to effectively communicate status of sites
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure sites meet requirements
- Obtain all necessary permitting/zoning approval from national and local agencies
- Inform other internal functional groups about requirements and regulations of government entities and municipalities to assist with compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, and to meet project timelines.
- Extensive Travel Required, ability and willingness to travel to various locations
- Three to five plus (3-5+) years experience in acquiring land use permits, site acquisitions
- Three to five plus (3-5+) years experience in permitting in the wireless or related industry
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills/soft skills and presentation skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
- Must be resourceful, flexible and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly with a focus on accuracy
- Displays initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in real estate acquisition
- Knowledge of working with government agencies, jurisdictions, and Right of Way
- Experience with permit applications/documents
- Ability to read site plans and A&E designs
- Knowledge of relevant technology and equipment
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in wireless, telecommunications, construction, and/ or public utility is required