Responsibilities Fall Into The Following Categories
- Support transport/ traffic portions of network projects such as cell build program, frequency carrier add growth, hardware conversions, fiber to cell initiatives, datacenters, E911, and IP based technologies.
- Perform network integration for transport nodes, cell site routers, and microwave radio devices across multi-vendor platforms.
- Work with management on direction for upcoming transport design programs.
- Deployment of fiber Ethernet to cell site locations.
- Responsible for assembling site specific source data to auto-generate backhaul network device.
- Recommend network improvements to the local RF and IP network engineering teams.
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities.
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
- Negotiate with LEC, IXC and CAP carriers for service.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- 10+ years Wireless Network experience
- Must have a strong understanding of wireless network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering.
- Ability to write technical specifications for Dark and Ethernet fiber requirements for procurement
- Experience with pathing, hot cuts, trunking, and migrations.
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills a must.
- Ability to plan for work during network maintenance windows and the willingness to perform night work.
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to delivery in fast-paced high volume environment supporting aggressive targets.
- Experience drawing complex system diagrams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Advanced degree is preferred.