Storekeeper (Warehouse Clerk)
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Sugar Land, Texas
Pay Rate: $15-$17/hr depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
Monday - Friday 6:00am to 5:30pm Saturday 6 am -2:00pm
SAP Production experience highly desired. Must be willing to work OT as needed, 10–12-hour shifts.
"The Storekeeper is responsible for product and material handling and movement within the warehouse in compliance with established policies, procedures and standards. This person inspects and accepts incoming shipments and performs material fulfillment upon Product Line request.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform unpacking, inspecting, labelling, receiving, storing, picking, packing, issuing, disposing of, and cycle counting of warehouse goods.
• Accept supplier deliveries, checking items received are in suitable condition and match the packing list or purchase order, report discrepancies.
• Ensure outgoing inventory items are suitably packed and issued with correct and complete documentation.
• Optimize warehouse bin locations to improve efficiency and safety.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and in shipping and receiving areas.
• Perform inventory cycle counting and support periodic physical counts.
• As directed by supervisor, perform tasks associated with Kitting and Kanban point-of-use replenishment and other materials management initiatives.
• Investigate and resolve local inventory and warehouse issues as requested by supervisor.
• Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards.
• Operate a forklift or other materials handling equipment on completion of training and certification.
Qualifications and Experience
• High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED), related experience preferred
• Basic PC literacy and experience with Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
• Must be physically able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. above and below shoulder height, and perform continuous standing, walking, reaching, and bending.
• Ability to read, interpret, and carry out written and oral instructions; write legibly; prepare and maintain routine records; estimate department needs; determine the quality and quantity of materials received in relation to prescribed specifications; performs accurate arithmetical calculations; work under pressure; maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers, organize and prioritize work; and light machinery that may include a forklift
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening