Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company working at their base in Rosharon, TX
The Mechanical CAD Designer is responsible for preparing and maintaining engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI standards, considering methods of manufacture and tolerance and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
• Function as a design engineer for routine/correction
• Prepare average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system
• Use the CAD to prepare and maintain highest complexity mechanical and average complexity electrical and electronic product and production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches or verbal instructions
• Be responsible for accuracy of assignments, except for design features that are the responsibility of the project engineer
• Understand ANSI drafting methods, standards and procedures
• Understand manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI standards and procedures.
• Possesses basic knowledge of the mechanical product line
• Possess limited knowledge of the electrical product line
• Maintain status reports on all projects assigned
Preferred Experience & Exposures:
• Minimum two years technical degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Product File Management
• Technology or Manufacturing Center
• Mechanical CAD
• CAD: Creo knowledge
• Design for manufacturing knowledge (DFM)
• Excellent interpretation of mechanical drawings and assemblies
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.