Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Solar Service company in Boulder City and Las Vegas, Nevada
Pay Rate: $25 to $30/hr depending on experience
Day Shift working 8 days straight with 6 days off
We are seeking a Site PV Technician to perform scheduled and unscheduled
field work required to operate and maintain PV systems in the region. This position will be primarily
based in the Boulder City, NV and Las Vegas, NV vicinity.
Field work includes commissioning new systems, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and system testing of Substation, Inverters, etc.
The Site PV Technician will be responsible for observing the quality and safety of a contractors performing PV System maintenance and commissioning type work. Some travel may be required for this position
Duties and Responsibilities:
Troubleshoot and repair of DC, low voltage AC, data acquisition and meteorological station PV systems components.
Tests to be performed by a PV Technician include:
Open circuit voltage
Operating DC current
Power Meter verification
Perform preventive maintenance on PV systems to include thermography of low and medium voltage equipment.
Perform troubleshooting and repairs for plant equipment.
Identify, coordinate, and observe work contractors performing troubleshooting and repairs forplant equipment.
Document time, material, expenses and maintenance records in computer-based maintenance management system.
Perform switching operations of High/Medium voltage substation and overhead transmission equipment.
Education / Experience, Minimum requirements
1. Practical knowledge of electrical systems, solar electric systems and their components.
2. Knowledge of building and structural construction techniques.
3. Ability to efficiently troubleshoot system failures.
4. Experience with metering and test equipment.
5. Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
6. Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
7. Strong prioritization skills.
8. Driver’s license.
9. Ability to read schematics and single-line drawings.
10. High school graduate or GED.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.