- Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical system design, components, specifications, and processes used in the generation, manipulation, transmission and storage of electricity.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.