Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Rosharon, Texas
Pay Rate - $17-19/hr depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
First Shift: 5:00am to 3:00pm
The Technician is responsible for the production, quality control, and packaging of explosive initiators and boosters. They perform and oversee all tasks including inspection of incoming parts, pressing of explosive powders, parts assembly, component traceability, quality checks and testing, and packaging in compliance with applicable government regulations.
• Lifting Boxes – Moving completed boxes to appropriate carts or explosive magazines
• Typing – Input of work orders and regulatory data for labels and tracking
• Labelling/Scanning – Scanning parts labels to the correct production order for parts traceability
• Packing boxes – vacuum sealing products and loading them correctly into the boxes as per DOT guidelines
• Verifying and updating explosive magazines logs as per regulatory standards
Manufacturing Assembly Tasks:
• Operating machinery - Pressing of explosive powders using pneumatic press
• Assembly tasks - Assembly of electronics, including wire cutting, crimping, ultrasonic welding
• Labelling/Scanning - Scanning and labelling components for traceability
• Cleaning - Maintaining and cleaning workstations
• Visual inspection - Using microscopes for visual inspection of electronic components
• Electrical tests - Performing electrical tests on components with digital multimeter, megohmmeters, and oscilloscope
Quality Control Tasks:
• Testing - Performing quality assurance testing on samples of manufactured products
• Typing - Updating records with results of tests, and reporting non-conforming parts
Experience & Exposures:
• High school Diploma or equivalent
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.