Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Quality Control Technician
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Houston, Texas
Pay Rate: $21-$26/hr depending on experience, plus overtime and medical benefits
Required Experience: 5 years relevant experience in Quality Control
• Selection and use of inspection tools and gauges
• Use of calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, optical comparator
• Perform dimensional inspections on machine parts using inspection tools and devices
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GDT)
• Execute inspection plans on parts
• Inspect machine parts for quality standards and specialty items including threads, coatings, finishes and purchased parts for production
• Use of coordinate measuring machine (CMM) for measuring parts
• Record and complete QC documentation requirements including attachment of inspection tools and gauges to inspection record
• Review documentation received for compliance with procedures and specifications
• Ability to use network databases via PC
• Document records of work performed
• Perform preventative maintenance on machines using written instructions and checklist
• Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.