This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company working at their base in Sugar Land, TX.
The Materials Handler is responsible for moving & transacting materials between machines &workstations as part of production process as well as performing quality assurance activities, inventory, transactions & performs material fulfillment upon Product Line request.
* Issue and transfer parts for production.
* Assist Production Planner and assembly stores whenever required.
* Use the guiding principles and tools of the Manufacturing System to drive continuous improvement, wherever applicable.
* Perform unpacking, inspecting, labeling, receiving, storing, picking, packing, issuing, disposing of, and cycle counting of warehouse goods.
* Accept supplier deliveries, checking items received are in suitable condition and match the packing list or purchase order; report discrepancies.
* Inspect documentation, parts, components, materials, sub assemblies and equipment against stated specifications, using measurement systems with valid calibration and acceptable repeatability and reproducibility.
* Comply with applicable inspection procedures and standard work.
* Ensure outgoing inventory items are suitably packed and issued with correct and complete documentation.
* Optimize warehouse bin locations to improve efficiency and safety.
* Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and in shipping and receiving areas.
* Perform inventory cycle counting and support periodic physical counts.
* As directed by supervisor, perform tasks associated with Kitting and Kanban point-of-user replenishment and other materials management initiatives.
* Investigate and resolve local inventory and warehouse issues as requested by supervisor.
* Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards.
* Operate materials handling equipment on completion of training and/or certifications
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check (you cannot have a felony in the past 10 years, you cannot have more than 2 speeding tickets in the past 3 years, you cannot have DWI in the past 3 years). You will also have to get a full drug screening, including a hair follicle test which goes back up to 6 months for all drugs considered illegal on the federal level.