WAVSYS is looking for Mechanical Technicians to join a large oil field services company in Midland TX.
The mechanic (oilfield) is responsible to maintain and repair a variety of equipment including diesel engines, heavy trucks, pumping equipment, lifting equipment, and other oilfield-related equipment. The mechanic will also perform preventive and corrective maintenance, failure analysis, diagnostics, repairs, inspections, assembling and rebuilding of all components or equipment (i.e.: engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.) either in a shop or on location.
- Maintains, diagnoses and repairs a variety of equipment including; diesel/gasoline engines, transmissions, winches, high pressure pumps, centrifugal pumps, sand conveyor systems, air compressors, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, mobile/overhead cranes, gear boxes, PTO's, generators, chemical metering systems, 12/24 volt electrical systems, equipment cabs and controls, chassis and suspension, rims, tires and wheels, forklifts, electro-mechanical equipment, wellhead attachments and pressure equipment and various other types of oilfield related equipment.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting with electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Repair and refurbish hydraulic power equipment.
Read and follow repair manual.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good operational knowledge of oilfield equipment.
- Ability to read various types of drawings/schematics.
- 2 years of technical training