This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company rotating to Katy TX.
5 years of machining experience is a hard requirement
• Perform machining of new and rework of existing molds, dies and fixtures, and required maintenance parts, including occasional welding and torch use.
• Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirement.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Ability to safely program/operate CNC Mills and lathes using Edgecam software, as well operate manual mills, lathes and surface grinders. Produce quality work and inspect work before passing to production.
• Develops specifications from general description and assists in providing sketches/drawings when necessary to communicate changes with design personnel, confer with production personnel, other programmers, or others to resolve machining, assembly or production problems.
• Safely transport molds and raw materials to and from the manufacturing plant and storage locations.
• Trains other employees and imparts personal knowledge of parts, procedures, machines etc., and participate in improvement activities when requested by supervision or management to ensure a highly competent workforce.
• Maintains tools, tool inventory, and machine shop machines, to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Perform various other duties and activities within the physical constraints of the job.
• Candidates will need previous CNC Lathe and Mill experience; Plasma or Router CNC exp is not needed and won't be used for this position.
• Previous Mold machining experience is desired but not required.
• Candidates will be tested on CNC mill and lathe All-Around Machinist / Toolmaker
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience machining tools, dies and fixtures for the rubber manufacturing process or equivalent experience.
• Proficient with programming/operating CNC mills and CNC lathes is necessary.
• Proficient in using hand measuring tools (e.g. micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth gauges).
• Maintain Forklift and Crane certifications.
• Must be able to pass Machinist test with 85% accuracy.
• Ability to take and follow written and oral instructions.
• Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check
• CNC machining and CNC Programming experience.
Below are the details on the assessment the candidates will be taking after they interview:
• There are three tests: one on CNC milling machines, another on CNC lathes, and a third on general knowledge.
• The first two tests cover topics such as tool names, measuring instruments, interpreting drawings (including symbols and dimensions), CNC control, G-code, and identifying potential collisions in images.
• The third test is relatively short and includes some basic geometry.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening