CNC Automation Technologist (Hiring in Katy, Texas)
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Katy, Texas
We are conducting the following hiring event at the location and date listed below, attending this event is the only way to get hired.
February 3rd at 8am. Hiring in Katy, Texas to work locally in Katy
Pay Rate: Starting at $23 or higher depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
1st Shift: M-F 5am - 2:30pm and working overtime / weekends as needed.
2nd Shift: M-F 2:30pm – Midnight and working overtime / weekends as needed.
Fanuc Controls experience
Horizontal Boring Mill experience in Kurkai, Toyoda, Heller, Giddings & Lewis, G&L, Ingersoll, etc.
• Tending to a fully automated CNC and robotic manufacturing cell
• Keep all machines fully loaded and running
• Setup of parts and work offsets
• Exchanging fixture elements and workpiece locators
• Performing quality checks
• Clearing machine alarms, troubleshoot and restart machinery
• Identify each operation required to manufacture a part
• Investigate dimensional problems and make process adjustments to correct
• Troubleshooting various PLC controlled machines and robotic processes such as deburring, painting, sandblast, autofrettage, assembly, etc.
• Troubleshooting CNC programs, machine setups and process parameters
• Cross-trained in other departments to support production needs.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
• Expertise in CNC machining and interpreting G-code programs
• Knowledge of robotics and control systems
• Machining processes including turning and milling and tools associated with those operations
• Machining and use of measurement tools: calipers, micrometers, CMM's.
• Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings
• Software and interfaces to manage and control CNC mill, lathe, or any other machining equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment, tooling and processes that are used in an automated manufacturing operation
• Mechanical lifting equipment, safe lifting practices and procedures
• Robotics and control systems
• Knowledge of Windows and Office 365 programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Previous Experience and Competencies
• Associates Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Computing, Mathematics or other relevant technical discipline.
• Candidates without a degree having a minimum of 5 years hands-on CNC machining, cellular or robotic automation experience may be considered.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate good organizational abilities, technical competency in their previous job roles and good interpersonal skills.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, an MVR check and a drug screening