Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
CNC Automation Technologist
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Katy, Texas
Pay Rate: Starting at $23/hr depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
1st Shift: M-F 5a - 2:30p and working overtime / weekends as needed.
2nd Shift: M-F 2:30p – Midnight and working overtime / weekends as needed.
• Tending to a fully automated CNC and robotic manufacturing cell
• Keep all machines fully loaded and running
• Setup of parts and work offsets
• Exchanging fixture elements and workpiece locators
• Performing quality checks
• Clearing machine alarms, troubleshoot and restart machinery
• Identify each operation required to manufacture a part
• Investigate dimensional problems and make process adjustments to correct
• Troubleshooting various PLC controlled machines and robotic processes such as deburring, painting, sandblast, autofrettage, assembly, etc.
• Troubleshooting CNC programs, machine setups and process parameters
• Cross-trained in other departments to support production needs.
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
• Expertise in CNC machining and interpreting G-code programs
• Knowledge of robotics and control systems
• Machining processes including turning and milling and tools associated with those operations
• Machining and use of measurement tools: calipers, micrometers, CMM's.
• Reading and interpreting mechanical drawings
• Software and interfaces to manage and control CNC mill, lathe, or any other machining equipment.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment, tooling and processes that are used in an automated manufacturing operation
• Mechanical lifting equipment, safe lifting practices and procedures
• Robotics and control systems
• Knowledge of Windows and Office 365 programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Previous Experience and Competencies
• Associates Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Science, Computing, Mathematics or other relevant technical discipline.
• Candidates without a degree having a minimum of 5 years hands-on CNC machining, cellular or robotic automation experience may be considered.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate good organizational abilities, technical competency in their previous job roles and good interpersonal skills.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, an MVR check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.