Machine Operator (CNC)
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Katy, Texas
Pay Rate - $16-18/hr depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
First Shift: 5:00am to 5:00pm
Second Shift: 5:00pm to 3:00am
Possess the relative skills and experience in all aspects of Turning / Milling to manufacture metallic components to specified quality standards, on a CNC and / or Conventional Turn and/or Mill centre.
Primary job duties will be in the initial machining processes of rotor production. Machinist will be responsible for setting up workpiece, turning ODs of bars and cutting threaded API connections. Ideal candidate will have CNC lathe experience cutting API or similar connections on long tubulars. Experience with Mazak CNCs with Fanuc controls preferred.
- Operate a CNC/Conventional Turning and/or Milling centre (vertical, horizontal or universal) in all aspects of Turning / Milling.
- Follow a structured method in manufacture of components.
- Have ability to read and work from engineering drawings
- meeting specified Quality Standards.
- Read and understand job programmes/Readouts (G&M code prog as applicable to CNC machining).
- Prove Unproven programmes on Job Set-up, editing, offsetting, etc., as required (as applicable to CNC machining)
- Undertake operations including: screw cutting, tapping, groove cutting, slotting, drilling, reaming, eccentric turning etc., (as applicable to conventional machining).
- Fully utilising equipment such as a jaw chuck, steady v-blocks, dividing head etc., in the performing of tasks. (As applicable to conventional machining).
- Fully Inspect own work using imperial and/or metric measuring equipment.
- Produce work of a High standard, including the Deburring and Etching operations in completion of work components.
- Work largely unsupervised and be highly self-motivated.
- Prepared to work shift system and overtime (week-ends included)
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check and a drug screening
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service