WAVSYS is looking for an experienced Lab Technician in Von Ormy TX:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned sub segment and recommends solutions to improve the process.
- Supervises personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste. Monitors the operation, maintenance and calibration of Lab equipment.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external clients.
- Performs regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards, prepares and follows up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager and in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods.
- Manages his/her career with guidance from GMTE/DTE and support from Lab Manager.
- Develops an advanced understanding of knowledge management tools through the use of InTouch, LabDB and the Client Support Lab.
- Assist the GMTE, DTE, Product Champions and CSL with technical support as required.
High School Diploma or GED- Diploma / Degree not required.
2 yr Degree in Sciences preferred but not required