$19.00 – $19.00 • hourly
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company working at their yard in Midland, TX.
The Laboratory Technician directs and performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, prepares laboratory reports prior to service delivery on location, provides advanced technical support with additive selection and the design of stimulation and/or cementing fluids, supervises and mentors personnel and maintains links with the Client Support Labs and/or Operating districts, Product Centers. Is considered as an expert testing and fluid selection.
- Performs advanced additive selection and design of fluids in assigned sub segment and recommends solutions to improve the process.
- Supervises personnel to ensure equipment is clean and in proper working condition and proper disposal of Lab waste. Monitors the operation, maintenance and calibration of Lab equipment.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external clients.
- Mentors and coaches the less experienced personnel, monitors their development and acts as a role model for Lab personnel.
- Performs regular Audits (including CAT Audits) to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards, prepares and follows up on the action plans as a result of the audit.
- Assists the Laboratory Manager and in ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods.
- Develops an advanced understanding of knowledge management tools through the use of InTouch, LabDB and the Client Support Lab.
- Assist the GMTE, DTE, Product Champions with technical support as required.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check (you cannot have a felony in the past 10 years, you cannot have more than 2 speeding tickets in the past 3 years, you cannot have DWI in the past 3 years). You will also have to get a full drug screening, including a hair follicle test which goes back up to 6 months for all drugs considered illegal on the federal level.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service