This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil&Gas Services company in Sugar Land, Texas
Pay Rate: $95k - 130K / year (depending upon the years of experience and degree) 10-20% bonus with full benefits
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Option to work remotely 2 out of 5 days per week.
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Candidates must be able to travel internationally to support field locations. Estimated travel 10-20%
- Hydraulics and electro-hydraulics systems
- Engineering design calculations (flow, pressure, load, heat dissipation)
- Product design and fabrication
- Failure analysis and root cause investigation
- Experience with Coiled Tubing equipment and pressure control equipment are highly desirable
- CAD software – Creo is a plus
- Hands on aptitude
- Automation experience is a plus.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Coiled Tubing Sustaining Team in Sugar Land, TX.
- In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures, or products.
- You will also assist in planning, conducting, and evaluating approaches to meet the project objectives in a timely fashion.
- Strong background in product design, fabrication, hydraulic systems, failure investigations and resolution are key to excel in this role.
- Experience with Coiled Tubing equipment and pressure control equipment is highly desirable.
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives. Successfully undertake technical projects.
- Design, produce analyses, mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply usability procedures and principles as defined at the project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing, and plan, set up, and run lab experiments and test simulations.
- Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation. May present solutions to clients.
- Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
- Travel internationally to field locations to provide technical support.
- Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Ensure commitments are agreed, reviewed and met.
- May assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. May mentor junior engineers regarding technical matters.
- Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results) following the product lifecycle of the project.
- Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risks to produce and iterate the development plans.
- Provide training and support to clients and field representatives. Prepare operations support technical documentation in a timely fashion.
- Make presentations effectively to technical and management audiences.
- Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Learn new skills and adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products that maintain company’s technical leadership position.
- Contribute to design standards and support design re-use (best practices, etc.)
- Author/co-author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service