Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Performs all technical duties to support Manufacturing activities in one of the functional areas: electrical or mechanical.
• Verify proper components are received per work order’s pick list prior to build.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly prints.
• Use hand tools to crimping, soldering and screw bolts.
• Connect components wires to boards and/or other components using solder, crimped connectors or equivalent.
• Mount components on chassis panel, tool kit or equivalent.
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with products and assemblies.
• Perform continuity tests on completed assemblies.
• Ability to verify assembled products and tools assemblies perform by co-workers.
• Ability to perform potting, cleaning, stamping and engraving.
• Ability to adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying.
• PC Skills: Must be familiar with using different manufacturing applications and be able to navigate simple software.
• Familiarity of process documentation.
• Understand and perform daily 6S activities and participate in lean manufacturing projects.
• Perform other work-related task as required as assigned.
Minimum high school education or equivalent. A degree is preferred
A minimum 5 years’ experience in the functional area
Specialized Knowledge & Skills (If Applicable) in the following areas:
• Read schematics.
• Understand Bills of Material and parent/Child structures.
• Certified in industry workmanship standards (IPC 610, 620, etc…)
• Understand soldering High temperature (HMP) and/or low temperature (SN96) and/or certification is preferred.
• Understand ESD protection principles
• Understand international standards for process control (ISO 9001 etc…)
• Ability to assemble and test repetitive products and troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Accurately assemble products with minimum assistance.
• Perform basic functional testing.
• Identifying, troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with failures.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.