Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Provo, Utah
Pay Rate: Open, depending on experience plus over time and medical benefits
The Drilling Engineer, under supervision, provides an engineering interface with the client.
The Drilling Engineer is responsible for the effective design and implementation of well plans.
The Drilling Engineer performs engineering duties as required to provide directional drilling operations and clients with drilling plans, conceptual design, detail design and work programs for prospective oil and gas wells.
The Drilling Engineer supports the Service Delivery and Sales process with technical expertise.
Depending on experience and competence the Drilling Engineer may be involved with the design and planning for conventional and complex Wells (ERD, HP/HT, Multilaterals) and may also participate in tender responses.
He/she follows the Drilling Engineering process and provides real time decision support to Engineers and clients.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Knowledge sharing and reuse is embedded in the workflow. Any knowledge gap is filled before a job and lessons learned are shared during or at the completion of a job
- Manages personal development and keeps up to date on techniques and management methods.
- Reviews and appraises the performance of subordinates, consistent with performance objectives, recommends changes in job classification to management, and determines the need for additional training, in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides technical sales support; understands and communicates value of technology and interpretations.
- Ensures that Well Plans, Designs, and Drilling Programs comply with policies and procedures and with customer /local regulations.
- Participates in personal reviews and conducts audits, to ensure that Company policies and standards are understood and implemented by personnel under his/her supervision.
- Ensures that all well plans are fit for purpose and provide the most cost effective solution to meet the drilling target considerations.
- Identifies areas where new and cost effective techniques can be applied.
- Evaluates all aspects of drilling performance and maintains database to capture and share lessons learned.
- Provides real-time monitoring and decision support to the drilling team with the aim of improving drilling performance
- Documents and reports all deviations from drilling program and QHSE policies to the Senior Drilling Engineer / Drilling Engineering Manager.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.