This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil&Gas Services company in Sugar Land, Texas
Pay Rate: $60k /year with full benefits
Hours: 8am - 5pm
• Our Engineering and Sustaining teams are looking for creative MCAD Designers.
• In this role you will be responsible for preparing and maintaining engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI/ SLB standards, considering methods of manufacture and tolerance and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Function as a design engineer for routine/correction.
• Prepare average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system.
• Depending on seniority, use the CAD system to prepare and maintain highest complexity mechanical and average complexity electrical and electronic product and production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches, or verbal instructions.
• Be responsible for accuracy of assignments, except for design features that are the responsibility of the project engineer.
• Understanding of ANSI/ISO/ASME drafting methods (GD&T), standards and procedures.
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques and be to optimize designs for manufacturability and cost
• Possesses basic knowledge of the mechanical and, depending on the seniority, partial to total knowledge of the electrical and electronic Product Line.
• Depending on seniority and experience, assist with conception design work relating to downhole products and test fixtures.
• Maintain status reports on all projects assigned.
• Estimates, completes, and provides accurate status reports on his/her own tasks derived from engineering instruction, such that project timelines are met on a consistent basis.
• Produces work of acceptable quality (clarity, completeness, correctness, sustainability) with minimal oversight
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• 3 - 5 years of experience as MCAD.
• High school graduate required plus two-year technical school or certificate in mechanical drafting or equivalent experience required. Degree in mechanical technology, industrial technology or design would be acceptable.
• Requirement for certification or degree may be waived with +5 years of industrial experience in mechanical design in related area.
• Experience with O&G equipment or complex assemblies.
• Proficiency with 3D CAD Packages preferably CREO Parametric Software
• Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills (If Applicable) in the following areas:
• Sufficient understanding of the mechanical features, components, and architectures of his/her specific product, and possesses basic understanding of how these mechanical systems interface with other systems to provide product functions.
• Independently identifies relevant problems for their designs and reports them for action by the team.
• Understanding of the available manufacturing techniques and technologies used to fabricate his/her designs.
• Functional capability using CAD software to generate and maintain CAD models and drawings of parts and assemblies.
• Sufficient functional knowledge of the data management systems used to store, document, and sustain written, graphic, and geometric engineering documentation.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service