Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Houston, Texas
Pay Rate: Open depending on experience, plus overtime and medical benefits
Required: 1-2 yrs. of finance experience
Critical requirement specifics are preferred candidate with experience in collections. BS undergrad degree preferred. Must be located in Houston area. Location is teleworking (i.e., not fully remote position, expected to come into the office minimum 2 days per week).
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for managing and collecting on a trade accounts receivable portfolio, with the purpose of maximizing liquidity and free cash flow.
* Resolve Billing Dispute
* Perform Customer Payment Collections
* Process Credit Memo Request
* Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable (AR) through regular follow-up on assigned accounts, in line with departmental and personal objectives.
* Document and review the customer order to cash process and proposing opportunities to improve the pain points and increase the efficiency of the process.
* Collect outstanding invoices, gathering information on invoice disputes and creating invoice dispute records for distribution and subsequent resolution.
* Input notes in collection system regarding submission, resubmission and transaction approval dates so Company departments have a clear understanding of AR status.
* Record disputes in collection system and assign clear action items for the appropriate dispute owner.
* Identify delinquent accounts and take action to prevent reoccurrence and/or initiate communication with the Credit Manager, Sales and Operations to ask for assistance or escalation.
* Maintain contact with customer AP departments through collection calls, past due notices and account statements.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including those within the Billing Center of Excellence, Sales, Operations, Tax and Treasury to support collections, proper cash application and timely dispute resolution.
* Recommend uncollectible debit balances for expense write-off, and work with Controller and Financial Analyst to clear balances from their AR portfolio.
* Research portfolios for duplicate and over-payments and submit refund requests to Collections Manager, where applicable.
* Review aged credit balances to ensure adherence to the Company’s escheatment policy.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, an MVR check and a drug screening
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.