$25.00 – $30.00 • hourly
Shift: 8AM - 5PM
The Automation Technician is responsible for supporting and optimizing production in the areas of plc programming, instrumentation, and robotics.
1. Diagnosing and solving automation related issues
2. Assisting in the roll-out of new automation systems
3. Collecting data and reporting in all phases of manufacturing.
1. Troubleshoot automated production lines that include conveyors, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, instrumentation.
2. software and robotic issues that cannot be resolved by a maintenance technician and resolves the issues at the root cause
3. Aid engineers run the equipment and production lines when new systems or code is being rolled out
4. As part of this the technician will take on activities such as running the bays and packaging the produced goods
5. Collect, organize and prepare short reports on data from tests, including analysis and conclusions.
6. Work with engineers and technicians on the set up, performance and data reporting for non-routine and complex tests.
7. Prepare and plot pump and motor performance curves from tests and analytical data
8. Prepare test and fabrication requests as required in support of various projects
9. Assist in construction or disassembly of laboratory test units or field test prototypes, including processing necessary manufacturing and purchasing paperwork.
10. Maintain an engineering notebook of all significant activity.
11. Identify bottlenecks in the manufacturing lines and work with production and engineers to eliminate them Previous Experience and Education
1. Associates degree on electronics, computer engineer or automation
2. Ability to program HMI, PLC, and drives (Rockwell, Siemens, Ignition!)
3. Ability to program and teach robots (FANUC)
4. Ability to perform I/O and functional tests
5. AC/DC circuits
6. Read and comprehend electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
7. Electrical testing of high voltage and low voltage equipment
8. Wiring of electrical components and cabinets
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service