Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
WAVSYS is hiring!
Looking for a Communications Specialist in Houston/Sugarland TX
1. Manufacturing / Engineering Product documentation experience
2. Excellent grammar and punctuation skills with attention to detail
3. Key interpersonal skills including a self-starter and ability to work independently
4. XML authoring (Arbortext Editor) / exposure to Content Management Systems
5. Illustration and graphic designing tools such as Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
6. Knowledge of 3D technical illustrations software such as SAP VEA & Creo
Illustrate will be an advantage.
Education: B. Sc / B.E. or B. Tech (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics) / Aircraft
Maintenance Engineering / Masters in English
• Proofread and reauthor functional specifications and other engineering-authored technical documents to simplify overall functionality and product intricacies.
• Present complex information to the target audience in a controlled language such as Simplified Technical English (STE) and Plain English.
• Serve the role of an editor / proofreader by participating in peer reviews.
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of technical
communications business processes, competencies, tools, standards, and best
practices (style guides, templates etc.)
• Develop, maintain, and improve personal professional competencies, specialized knowledge, and skills in technical communications and relevant technical domains.
• Use topic-based and single-sourcing methodology to create, maintain, and evolve Product Reference Manuals, Tool Service Manuals, User Guides etc
Chicago, Illinois, United States
WAVSYS is a solutions company offering contract, contract-to-hire, direct placement and managed services to top companies in the United States.