Research Software Engineer
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Rate Open depending on experience plus overtime and medical benefits
The Modeling and Interpretation department is seeking applicants for a research engineer position in software frameworks and infrastructure to serve the web deployment of automated sensory data interpretation.
Applied research projects are carried out at SDR to develop new technologies for application in the energy sector (O&G and new energy spaces). Scientists in the M&I department combine state-of-the-art computational sciences with data science and deep learning methodologies to develop technological solutions that solve complex interpretation problems pertaining to subsurface multi-physics multi-scale sensor measurement data.
• BS/MS in computer science, computer engineering, or other field related to software engineering
• Rock-solid full-stack application development skills, including design, debugging, and testing
• Knowledge of visualization languages and frameworks, such as WebGL, GLSL, Three.js, etc.
• Knowledge of computer science algorithms
• Knowledge of DevOps pipelines
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies, such as Kubernetes, is a plus
• Knowledge of machine learning is a plus
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Willingness to operate outside his/her area of expertise to solve challenging problems
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check and a drug screening