WAVSYS is hiring!
Role: Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist plans, develops, delivers, and maintains information products to support product and service deployment and product maintenance, throughout the product and service lifecycle. Information products include but are not limited to operation, maintenance, & concept manuals, assembly and disassembly instruction manuals, inspection manuals, training, multimedia, and technical illustrations.
Key Skill Sets:
1. Manufacturing / Engineering Product documentation experience
2. Excellent grammar and punctuation skills with attention to detail
3. Key interpersonal skills including a self-starter and ability to work independently
4. XML authoring (Arbortext Editor) / exposure to Content Management Systems
5. Illustration and graphic designing tools such as Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
6. Knowledge of 3D technical illustrations software such as SAP VEA & Creo
Illustrate will be an advantage.
B. Sc / B.E. or B. Tech (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics) / Aircraft
Maintenance Engineering / Masters in English
5 - 8 years. Candidates with less than 5 years’ experience but with above
skill sets can apply.
• Proofread and reauthor functional specifications and other engineering-authored
technical documents to simplify overall functionality and product intricacies.
• Present complex information to the target audience in a controlled language such
as Simplified Technical English (STE) and Plain English.
• Serve the role of an editor / proofreader by participating in peer reviews.
• Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of technical
communications business processes, competencies, tools, standards, and best
practices (style guides, templates etc.)
• Develop, maintain, and improve personal professional competencies, specialized
knowledge, and skills in technical communications and relevant technical domains.
• Use topic-based and single-sourcing methodology to create, maintain, and evolve
Product Reference Manuals, Tool Service Manuals, User Guides etc