DELFI Cloud Support Engineer
This is an exceptional opportunity to work with a nationwide Oil & Gas company rotating to Houston, TX.
Pay Rate: $48 - $60 / hour
Hours: 8am - 5pm
The DELFI Cloud Ops L2 Engineer role is responsible for ensuring DELFI Applications and Services, across the entire Portfolio are delivered, maintained and operated to the highest standard – specifically ensuring applications and services do not breach agreed service levels with both internal and external customers.
This role is effectively split into two core functions, the first one is Incident and problem management whereby engineers will have to:
• Identify, Diagnose and Troubleshoot complex issues with web applications, backend services and IaaS deployments across Azure and Google cloud products
• Manage incidents from identification to resolution, taking the lead as a subject matter expert in all major incidents impacting customers in one or more DELFI services
• Provide a key technical escalation route between our field, the L1 support organization and L3/Engineering – specifically tasked with identifying functionality problems, reliability issues and bugs
• Provide operational support to engineering teams who require DNS setup, SSL Certificates, GCP Projects, Azure Subscriptions and other fundamental artifacts for new products entering into production
• Translate technical issues and complex problems into non-technical material
The second function is project delivery. L2 Engineers are expected to propose, lead and deliver operational projects. This includes:
• Building applications and web services to allow self-service and automation for other stakeholders, such as D&D, Engineering and management
• Creating data visualizations based on extensive metrics collected from a wide variety of DELFI services and applications to create insights on how users are using DELFI and how the service can be improved.
• Cost efficiency projects
• Developing and deploying tooling such as event management, alerting, automated remediation, chat bots, intelligent analytics, configuration management etc.
Desired Technical Skills:
• Solid understanding of Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure product offerings
• Infrastructure as Code technologies – i.e., terraform / puppet / jinja etc.
• Scripting & Automation – i.e. PowerShell/python
• Source control & Devops tooling – git, vsts, enkins
• FE & BE Development – i.e. react, angular, node, go
• Infrastructure Fundamentals – i.e. cloud networking, security, storage technologies (NAS & Object), IaaS compute, IP, DNS and so on
• Database technologies, both relational and document – MSSQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, Cloud DB products (Firestore/CloudSQL/Mongo etc)
Desired Soft Skills:
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues. This could be to field engineers / geoscientists / users of our software or senior management.
• Detailed oriented
• Excellent written analysis skills – specifically for documenting playbooks, developing root cause analysis reports, documenting stage gates in major incidents
• Excellent presentation skills – to deliver training, analysis and solutions to engineers, customers, management and display technical leadership throughout the organization
• Proactive and able to take initiative
• Customer Centricity – Everything cloud ops does has the customer in mind, from developing automation to reporting and prioritizing bugs & enhancements to handling global major incidents
Note that if you get hired you must under go a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening.