We are looking for someone who has extensive Elasticsearch experience. More specifically someone who has done performance tuning of Elasticsearch (primarily on search results ranking, but also on response-time tuning).
- Experience with Ranking and Relevance within Elasticsearch
- Someone who has experience making Elasticsearch respond quicker
Come grow with us
Do you want to drive global impact through a company with nearly $2 trillion assets under management? Do you want to help millions of families reach their financial goals? Do you want to help build our next generation investment platform? Would you like to leverage the latest open source software running in AWS?
We are seeking several Software Development Engineers to help build data services and applications that our investment analysts and portfolio managers use to make better investment recommendations and decisions. This role will collaborate directly with senior investment professionals and technology associates to create and implement detailed quality technical designs for moderately complex applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. The ideal candidate for this individual contributor role will be passionate about our mission and will drive for superior long-term investment results through the application of modern engineering and analytical methods.
· Independently implement new features in a highly collaborative work environment alongside product managers and fellow engineers.
· Write legible, resource-efficient, and performant code.
· Collaborate with business partners and internal customers.
· Share technical solutions and product ideas through team planning, design review, pair programming, code review and technical discussions.
· You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes.
· While you are an agent of change with a sense of urgency, you are respectful of what came before.
· 3+ years’ experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C++ or C#. Strong OO or Functional design skills with understanding of common design patterns.
· Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
· Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
· Willingness and ability to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
· Outstanding communication skills, ability to establish and maintain a close working relationship with distributed team members and business partners.
· Conversant with current technologies applied in the fields of machine learning, data science, NLP and/or AI preferred
· Knowledge of data stores, SQL and No-SQL preferred.
· Experience with AWS services (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) preferred.