3+ years experience
• M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience in power and RF electronics.
• Familiar with design tools (3D CAD and Altium/Cadence), and fast prototyping (sensors and PCBs)
Electrical Engineer will be assisting projects where his/her expertise is able to contribute in hands on electronic design and prototyping. In near term, this role involves working on a project related to a new subsurface sensing platform. Specifically, the contractor will contribute to building NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance)/MRI-related electronics (PCBs) and its associated subsystems, including prototyping, characterization and documentation of the new designs.
The engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions requiring the development or sustaining of new or improved techniques, procedures or products. The engineer also assists in planning, conducting and evaluating approaches to meeting the project objectives in a timely fashion.
• Assist in identifying and organizing requirements. Apply relevant usability procedures and principles.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their design & commercialization.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab simulations. Design and implement tests, document results and develop customer presentations. Provide timely corrective actions on defects.
• Produce analyses and mathematical models and draw design conclusions based on those.
• Conduct or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artifacts. Contribute to design standards and support design re-use.
• Create and maintain product documentation. Provide support to field and customers. Provide user training as required.
• Assign, direct and review work of technicians and provide guidance to engineers. With seniority, mentor junior engineers.
• Continually evaluate engineering approaches and risk.
• Author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations. Share expertise with colleagues and special interest groups. Expand informal network throughout the organization.
• Keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets. Adopt new practices readily in order to develop innovative and low-cost products.
• Maintain familiarity with company technology, organization and business.
•Comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix.