This is an exceptional opportunity to work with an Oil&Gas company in Shreveport, Louisiana
Pay Rate: Starting at $100k / year+ depending on experience with full benefits
Hours: 8am - 5pm
- The role of Electrical Engineer is to support the Engineering Lead and Product Engineering Manager.
- They will be accountable for the electrical scope and systems in large scale data centers across the design, construction, assembly, testing, installation, and commissioning phases.
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for checking and approving drawings / designs; interface communication, and ensuring the accuracy, reliability, efficiency, and safety of the electrical scope of work for Hyperscale Data Center Modules meets customer’s requirements and Industrial Standards.
- The Electrical Engineer will play a critical role with supporting the plant during the manufacturing stage.
- They will also be assisting various stakeholders in troubleshooting site installation and commissioning problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Checking and approving drawings, information, and documentation which meets Industrial standards to enable the manufacturing group and other departments to produce Data Center Infrastructure Modules.
- Attend and initiate Design and Development Planning and Review session to meet customer’s and industry’s need.
- Prepare TRs (Technical Requisitions) for electrical systems, fire systems, and various components.
- Review vendor quotations and provide feedback to procurement team.
- Prepare and complete various electrical engineering deliverable drawings, documents, and calculations such as electrical load list, cable sizing / schedule, single line diagrams.
- Design and complete earthing protection systems.
- Design and complete lighting studies and system.
- Prepare bulk MTOs (Material Take Offs) and detailed BOMs (Bill of Materials).
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs while managing impact to quality, cost, or schedule.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs and applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes assignments in a self-driven and self-sufficient manner.
- Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods and represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions.
- Applies advanced or state-of-the-art knowledge and experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive experience.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Analyze electrical systems to identify and resolve issues, including load balancing, capacity planning, and power consumption optimization.
- Stays up to date with advancements in electrical engineering and data center technologies and recommend new technologies to improve the reliability and efficiency of our data center product line.
- Represent company with customers during review meetings. Act as the primary point of contact for clients, responding to their inquiries and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide technical support during the construction phase, responding to RFIs and addressing any issues that arise.
- Attend job site visits, project meetings, and commissioning activities as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university.
Note that if you get hired you must undergo a background check, a driving records check and a drug screening